Mar 10, 2009

bright lights

I logged onto facebook last night as I was DO and I saw facebook comments pertaining to the next batch of OCS cadets graduating. I instantly flash back to my times in ocs.
I was so full of hope, where I, the young second lieutenant (YSL) was going to change the world, one charming speech at a time.
I am so jaded now,where I am faced with sluggishness from everyone around.

I really do wish everyone has a chance to go through OCS, no matter your reason. Some people do it for the parade, some people do it for the comms ball, some people do it cause they have pride and some do it because others do it. No matter your motivation, if you approach this the right way, then definitely it would benefit you.

As I through my peaked cap into the sunset, In that one moment I saw myself carrying keith on a stretcher, grunting for dear life as the unforgiving metal cut into my skin and muscles.
I saw how I lost love, and found new love again.
I saw myself getting a rash on my back that tortured me to no end.
I saw how I did so well in sierra that I got asked to take up scholarship with the SAF.
I also saw how I dug and dug till my hands were blistered in scorpion king where i was covered in mud, rain and sweat.
I rememberd being forced to kneel for about half an hour with my rifle above my head after i had fallen asleep in sentry.
I remembering feeling so ugh-ish when i got posted to signals.
I thought of biang of weisheng, brien, alex and matthew.
I remember bunk2-18A.
I remember nearly passing out from exhaustion during gemini.
I remember walking and walking during spitfire.
I remember joint term where it was so close but still so far.


Now, I'm an officer and my life is much better. but somehow i miss the old days :(

No comments: